Lynn Hilditch Catering
• Quotations – All quotations contain fixed costs which will not be reduced if the final number of guests is less than originally quoted for. The quoted menu prices are based on specific numbers of guests. Prices are subject to variation in the event of changes to numbers of guests. All prices are based on costs at the time of the quotation and are
conditional upon market availability.
• Confirmation – After your initial enquiry, a letter/email confirmation is required to secure the date of an event. If we have not received confirmation of your date and booking fee, within 7 days of the enquiry, we will have to release your booking and your date may no longer be available and any prices already quoted may be subject to change.
• Booking Fee – A booking fee of £50 is required to secure your date. This fee is nonrefundable.
As a small company we need to have this policy in place to secure your
booking and reserve the date for you, and we therefore may refuse other events.
• Deposit – Once the menu and numbers for your event have been agreed, we will require 25% of the quoted total fee (minus the booking fee of £50). This deposit is also nonrefundable and non-transferable. Receipt of this deposit will be taken as full acceptance and agreement of our terms and conditions. At this stage we will also need confirmation
of any vegetarian/vegan or special dietary requirements.
• Final Numbers – The final guaranteed number of guests must be confirmed 14 days before your event. For large events we will need confirmation 28 days prior. After this time any decrease in numbers cannot be accepted and the full charge will be made. Please note, per head prices may be increased if the numbers originally quoted for drop by more than 10%. On occasions, it may be possible to increase numbers, but this is not guaranteed. An agreed additional charge will be added if this is the case.
• Full payment – The final balance of 75% will be invoiced 14 days prior to the event.
Payment is due 7 days before the event. Lynn Hilditch Catering reserve the right to charge interest if payment does not meet these terms. Payment can be made by bank transfer.
• Cancellation – Cancellation charges are payable, for cancellation of any event or part event which has been confirmed by the client and where food, material and labour costs have already been incurred.
The following charges will apply:
• Up to 14 days before the event 25% of the quoted price
• Up to 7 days before the event 50% of the quoted price
• Less than 7 days before event 100% of the quoted price
Any liability to sub-contractors or other direct costs or expenses incurred on behalf of the Client, will also be charged to the Client.
• Force Majeure – Lynn Hilditch Catering reserve the right to cancel, alter or delay any event, without refund, for any event beyond our reasonable control. We will not accept any liability for non-completion of the event or for delays resulting from adverse weather conditions, traffic accident or road closure, civil riots or strikes affecting the trade, fire,
flood or other natural disaster, acts of terrorism, or for any other event which would subject the Company or any of its employees to danger.
• Dietary Requirements and Allergies – If you or any of your guests have any dietary requirements/allergies, please state these upon booking to ensure that we can cater for all needs possible. Lynn Hilditch Catering will not be held responsible for illness or injury resulting from the non-disclosure of allergies/dietary requirements by the client.
We are not an official ‘Nut Free Kitchen’. We cannot guarantee the absence of cross contamination with nuts, but we do our best to ensure every order is sent out to the
specifications and requirements of the allergies presented. We will not be held liable for any adverse reactions to foods consumed, or items an individual may come into contact with, at any event catered by us.
• Delivery – is free of charge within a 10 mile radius of Clifton (CA10 2EL). Delivery is available to other areas at a cost of £25.
• Damage – Any item that is provided for the event that is lost or broken by the client, or their guests, will be charged for at the full replacement cost.
• Kitchen Requirements – If Lynn and her team are coming to your venue to serve, then your kitchen must be clean and ready to use. This includes having clean crockery and cutlery and adequate space in the fridge for food on arrival. Please note there will be an additional £50 charge if there is a need to clean up the kitchen before we start.
• Staff – In addition to Lynn as chef, waiting on staff will be on site to clean and polish cutlery and glasses, set up the dining room to your seating plan, help Lynn clean up and wash up as the night goes on.
• Staff Payment – Please note that this staff charge is in addition to your menu charge. The charge is £50 per member of staff for up to a 4-hour period, over 4 hours is to be paid extra at a rate of £12.50 per hour per member of staff. Staff payment is to be paid in cash to each member of staff on the night.
• Alcohol – Lynn Hilditch Catering does not supply alcohol. Any client’s wine in storage for chilling or whilst being transported is not covered under our insurance.
Updated 15th September 2021